You are passionate about statistics, mathematics, software engineering and machine Learning. You are pragmatic and effective, looking for all possible ways of improving your models. You attack complex business questions with data and curiosity, diving below the surface to identify the root cause.
You have a deep understanding of the different parts of the data pipeline, having been exposed to data engineering, data analysis, data science and machine learning engineering. You thrive working in a “get it done” and fast-paced start-up environment, which requires high effectiveness and efficiency. You always deliver quality work, but you embrace failure as a way to improve!
A successful candidate must:
- Be able to understand the business needs first and then apply technology to solve those problems.
- Have strong analytical and data visualization skills, to be able to conduct and present to stakeholders an advanced Exploratory Data Analysis.
- Have strong experience in feature engineering and machine learning modelling
- Be able to improve predictive performance by applying statistical and mathematical techniques when faced with limited data.
- Have excellent communication and organization skills both towards the leadership and the data team.
- Be able to work autonomously and have the ability to come up with innovative ideas on their own.
- Be passionate about solving real world problems using machine learning and data science and have a keen interest in computer science and software engineering.